Monday, November 14, 2011

Anti-bullying week!

Well, as this week is national anti-bullying week, I thought I would show my support by doing a couple of anti-bullying themed posts!


Today I have two poems for you...


Shame
There's a girl at school
we teased today;
made jokes, called her names.
My friends all laughed,
called it harmless fun,
said it was just a game.


Now I'm at home
feeling horrid inside,
long gone that thoughtless grin.
How will I face her
tomorrow at school?
I wish I hadn't joined in.
Tracey Blance




This one takes a more light-hearted approach...


Name-calling
They called me frog face with ears like a bat.
I said, "I'm not - I'm worse than that."


They called me rat-nose with a tongue like a shoe.
I said, "Is that the best you can do?"


They called me mouse-eyes, skunk-breath, dog-head.
I said, "I'm worse than all that you've said."


They said, "It's no fun calling you a name."
I called, "That's a pity - I'm enjoying this game."
Charles Thomson

3 comments:

  1. your font colours are really hard for me to read, I'm only slightly colour blind but green and red are the worst colours to put together...
    I like the idea of your blog perhaps you would like to check out mine?
    http://dansfrivolity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of your blog :) but yeah I agree the colour is a bit hard to read. Just saw your discussion, check out my blog! I'm just blogging about everyday life and it seems to be working out pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting guys! :) You both have great blogs - how did you get so many followers? You have only had your blog since August the same as us Cindy - yet have !62! friends?
    What colours do you think would be better to still keep it bright but make it easier to read?
    Pink Jellybean xx

    ReplyDelete